Reparatur an Mikroskopen: Feintrieb vom Zeiss-Winkel GF

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi Dushan,

welcome in this fine forum of microscopy.
    Look at the next picture in this thead. There is the axe of the fine focus mechanism and a small tube with a lever. This lever match together with the lever on the wheel. If the levers come together, the end of the way is reached. But the lever-wheel must be in the right position in this case.

Regards
    Bernd

• Hello Bernd!

Thank You for the welcome! Also, thanks very much for the quick response and the explanation.

I had a Zeiss Winkel GFL microscope in for repair, it had several parts broken and a missing illuminator. I've made a replacement LED Illuminator, made the broken and missing indexing plate in the base. There is only one thing that remained unattended, the fine focus. It does work, but if the stage is brought above the marker ("-=" located on the left hand side) it looses the fine focus, and it has to be manually reset by removing the base. It was obvious that the travel limiting was not operational.

Not knowing the mechanism functions I did not dismantle it. Searching the web I have found this site, and nicely presented information on it.

Thanks to your explanation, now I suspect the sleeve with a lever to be at fault. probably the lever is broken off or is worn out, it is more likely that it is broken.

I do not see at the image the way the sleeve is fitted onto the shaft with pinion. Is there a pin that is placed through the shaft?

It is my guess that it should not be too difficult to make a replacement. I have quite well equipped watchmaking workshop, as in my semi retirement I am doing watch restorations, which of course often call for making replacement parts since no parts are available nowadays for the vintage watches and timepieces. Apart from watches, I also restore vintage microscopes, some of them are my own, click here.

Kind regards

Dushan

• Thanks Bernd!

I'll try and make some images of the mechanism in question ASAP, although I'm reasonably sure that it is the brass mechanism shown on one of the first few images.

Kind regards

Dushan

• Hello Dushan

I also have this Gfl Type of mikroscope with maybe exactly the same fault you told us:
    the fine adjustment drive goes out of funktion if i "overdrive " it - i then have to build out the whole thing an fit it together new . then it goes again until.....
    i will see if i can take apart the mikroskop the next days and see if there is broken of anything, this thing starts to interest me
    hi
    gerd

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!