Delaminierte Okulare Reparatur

• Hallo zusammen,

ich kann nun das Ergebnis der Reparatur präsentieren. Wurde so, wie eingangs beschrieben durchgeführt. Das Stemi Weitfeldokular darunter das wertvollste, 25er Sehfeld Brille, fokussierbar. Nun habe ich wieder ein Paar, das andere war ja tadellos. Und ich kann beide nicht voneinander unterscheiden wie neu! Die beiden schönen KPLs waren beide hinüber (das war das letzte Bild mit den dunklen Wolken. Auch die: wie neu!

Ich sag ja: geht nicht immer so gut, aber immer öfter! Nein, ich geb sie nicht her! :P

• enn nicht du, wer dann? Oder ist das etwa geheim?
    Die späteren KPLs waren schon mit Kunststoff. Lassen diese sich auch reparieren?
    Fragen über Fragen...

Hallo Bernd,

aus meiner Sicht natürlich nicht, aber der "Künstler" hat mir kein ok gegeben.

Die modernen Optiken sind nicht mit Caedax/Canadabalsam verklebt und dann kann es schwierig werden.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hallo Klaus,

Die modernen Optiken sind nicht mit Caedax/Canadabalsam verklebt und dann kann es schwierig werden.

eben drum! Deswegen hat es auch bei mir etwas länger gedauert, bis ich die Nuß geknackt habe.

Jetzt schicke ich dir erstmal das Paket los, damit du bei deiner Baustelle "GFL" und "Stemiadadaption" weiterkommst. :)

VG
    Bernd

• Wow!

Hallo Klaus, hallo Bernd. Respekt vor der Reperatur. Jetzt weis ich, an wen ich mich vertrauensvoll wenden kann, wenn ich in die Lage komme. Die "Voll-Metall"-KPLs sind natürlich super. Besser als die Kunststoff-CPLs, die ja auch hoch gehandelt werden.

Liebe Grüße Jorrit.

• Hi Klaus,
    I read with much interest the description of your operations on the delaminated ocular.
    I did not understand (my german is not so good) how did you extract the optical part from the ocular tube.
    Which solvent did you use, and at which temperature?
    Many greetings from Archimede Pitagorico :)

• Some times ago I bought from ebay a cheap set of oculars of various trades, among which there were two Zeiss KPL Pol.
    They looked aesthetically all right, but showed a foggy image when mounted on the scope.
    An examination of the optics showed a very damaged surface of the front lens, like sanded or deeply corroded by fungal growth, while the bottom surface of the front lens appeared shiny and clear.
    The ocular was completely useless, but before throwing it away I thought to a possible remedy, to make it still usable, even if perhaps partially degraded.
    In short, I thought to extract the lens (probably a doublet) from the metallic holder, and carefully remove a thin layer (the damaged part) of glass by polishing, then remount it again.
    Obviously the removal of some glass will change the optical properties of the front doublet, but some tests showed me that a cover glass inserted between the eye and the front lens of a good ocular did not impair significatively the image. If an addition behaved so, probably a subtraction will show the same.
    Best regards,

Salvatore

• Hi Klaus,
    I found in the forum an entry mentioning something like my problem.
    In that entry the possibility of polishing the front lens of the ocular was approved, with the only reserve for the changed optical characteristics, that I have however considered.
    Best regards,
    Salvatore

• It was a thread about an ocular damaged on the front lens.
    Now I cannot find it anymore.
    I put my observation here because you talk about a damaged ocular, even if for different reasons.
    I understand that to polish an optic is not a trivial thing, but having made some tests on scrap glass I am rather confident in an improvement in the performance of the ocular, which now is however useless.
    Best regards,

Salvatore

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!